Monday, December 29, 2014

Repotting A Ficus Microcarpa

Original Post Date:
11/12/2014
Warning: even though this is the middle of November, I want you to know I repotted this tree two and a half weeks ago.  When I was looking in the garden, I saw this tree has some broken down soil and it appeared root-bound.  Below is the tree:
You may recognize this tree...  Time to take the tree out of the pot.
Time to wash the soil off.
All of the soil is washed off.  I expected more roots.
Now I will do a little root trim:
All trimmed, I picked out a nice blue pot.  Here is the after picture:
Notice how I didn't wire out the whole tree.  I didn't wire it out because I did cut some roots and when I repotted it, it was October.  The nights will get cooler.  I also didn't want to harm the tree or brake any week branches.  I want the tree to flush out with growth.
The tree in November has new buds and is growing.  I'll post an update soon.

~Ben Jamin


No comments:

Post a Comment